Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blue Flowers


So, word on the street (or maybe the phone) is that I need to be writing here more often. I guess I gotta try, huh?
To the right you can see a picture of three different opal glass makers take on blue flowers. This is a very popular style choice, it seems. I bought all of these on the same day, at three different thrift stores. They are Federal Glass, Glasbake, and Anchor Hocking. Seems that one doesn't have to be too picky if they simply want their kitchen done up in blue flowers. And these are just the three that I bought! There were several others that I passed up due to cost or conditon, or both. Seems that the word "Pyrex" on a piece makes it worth a lot, even if it isn't even usable. (In one case, they were charging more for a loaf pan of new design than I paid for them at Walmart!)
Okay, I am going off on price tangents here...please bear with me as I get back into the groove of writing about Pyrex.
To be continued...some other day...

No comments: